By: Brianna A.
|Time:||55 min (30 min to prepare, 25 min to cook)|
|Number of Servings:||8|
1 each 4 Cup. blueberries, rinsed, stemmed and patted dry
1 each 1 Cup. packed, light brown sugar (regluar sugar work fine though)
1 each 1 Cup. all-purpose unbleached flour
1 each 1/2 Cup. whole wheat pastry flour
1 each 2 teaspoon. baking powder
1 each 1/4 teaspoon. salt
1 each 1/2 teaspoon. ground cinnamon
1 each 1/4 teaspoon. ground nutmeg
1 each 3/4 Cup. soy milk (can sub cows milk or oat milk)
|* In large nonaluminum saucepan, combine blueberries and 1/2 C. sugar.
* Cook over medium heat, stirring occassionally, until berries come to a boil.
* Meanwhile, sift all flours, baking powder, salt, remaining sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg into medium bowl.
add milk mixing until just moistened.
* Drop dumplings by tablespoonfuls into boiling berries.
Cover with a tight fitting lid. Lower heat slightly.
Cook without lifting lid for fifteen minutes.
* To serve, use a large spoon, transfer dumplings into bowl.
Surround with berries.
Break open dumplings with two forks. Serve warm.
* Optional serving: Top with scoop of vanilla ice cream.